Play Scheme Cards
Alter the way Plans are won
– Following turn order, play a Scheme card face down (unless Open Scheme) on a Plan board of your choice.
– Players place their Scheme cards with the arrow pointing towards the player’s colour.
– The owner of the Scheme can check the face of the card at any time.
– You can play as many Scheme cards you have during your turn. You can also choose not to play any scheme.
– Only one Scheme card is allowed to be played on each Plan board.
– First come, First served. Once a Plan Board already has a Scheme card, no other Scheme cards can be played on it.
The phase ends when each player is done with their turn.
Check out the different types of Scheme cards below.
Place Resource Dice.
First player and moving clockwise,
– Place dice on the Plans you want
– You must place at least 1 die each turn
– You must have the same or fewer number of remaining dice than the player on your right.
– Plans are won and executed in the Execution phase.
– Players with highest total value (unless Scheme says otherwise) for each plan will win and execute it.
– The planning phase will continue clockwise and will only be over when all players are out of Resource dice.
Reveal Scheme cards
Simultaneously reveal all Scheme cards played to all players.
Activate Soldato Abilities
Control Resource dice placed on Plans
– Activate as many Soldato abilities as allowed to control the Resource dice in planning area.
– All Soldato abilites can be used on Resource Dice of any colour.
– The number of ability sides determines what ability you can activate. If you have more than 1 ability, you may activate either of your abilities.
– The number of value sides determines on what specific dice and how many times you can activate your abilities.
The phase ends when the last player declares that his/her last Soldato ability has been resolved.
Check out the different Soldato types below.
Count the total value of each player’s dice on each Plan board.
– Resolve conditions of Scheme Card on the Plan if any.
– The player with the highest total value wins and executes the plan.
(Exceptions for certain schemes i.e Underhand Attacks)
– In a tie, the player higher up in order of play for the round will win.
(First player always wins a tie)
– When there is no dice on a Plan, the First player will win the Plan.
Collect the spoils for Plans won.
– Bribe Plan: Collect a Bribery token. Bribery token can be used in the Command phase.
– Extort Plan: Collect a Lucre token. Lucre gives you bonuses at the Preparation phase.|
– Recruit Plan: Pick a Soldato token from the list and add it to your existing Soldati. Do not change the displayed side of the Soldato.
– Organise Plan: Take a new syndicate tile and place it before you.
The Syndicate is now under your control. You must decide now which player/s you want to call upon to assist your syndicate.
– When a player gains control of a new Syndicate, they may call upon any number of players to assist.
Following the play order
-Players called upon to Assist may:
1. Accept: Place an Assist Token on the Syndicate Tile
2. Decline: Move on to the next player
-Players not called upon to Assist may:
1. Force: Give 1 Lucre or Bribery token to you in exchange for
placing an Assist token on the Syndicate tile. This offer must be accepted.
2. Do Nothing, Play continues.
Discard all schemes.